Admission Procedures and Requirements
Who Can Apply
The applicants interested to seek admission at the COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT), Islamabad (Pakistan) must possess an academic degree culminating after 16 years of education, in good academic standing, from accredited international universities. For selection of department and program of studies, the applicant may refer to the Graduate Prospectus available at the website: http://ciit-isb.edu.pk/Admissions/Prospectus.aspx and admission queries can be made on the email address:
The following is the application procedure for International students to apply for admission in any of the course(s) offered by the CIIT:
- The prospective students are required to send their applications on prescribed Application Form downloadable from CIIT’s website: www.comsats.edu.pk for admission in Master Degree programs, directly to the COMSATS Institute of Information Technology’s Office of International Students Affairs (OISA), Park Road, Chak Shahzad, Islamabad (Pakistan) by mail or by sending scanned copies on email address
- The applicants interested to obtain OIC scholarship, need to route their applications along with requisite documents through the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), General Secretariat, P.O. Box No. 178, Jeddah 21411, Saudi Arabia, with a copy of the same documents to COMSATS Institute of Information Technology’s Office of International Students Affairs (OISA), Park Road, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- The applicants who desire to avail COMSATS member-countries scholarship, may route their applications through COMSATS Headquarter, Off Constitution Avenue, Sharah-e-Jamhuriat, Sector G-5/2, Islamabad, Pakistan, with a copy of same documents to COMSATS Institute of Information Technology’s Office of International Students Affairs (OISA), Park Road, Chak Shahzad, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- ISSESCO nominees for scholarship shall route their applications to ISSESCO Headquarter, Avenue des F.A.R , Hay Ryad, PO Box 2275, PC Code 10104 - Rabat - Kingdom of Morocco. Ph: +212 (0) 6375 66053 - 53
- Consortium of Afghanistan universities nominees for scholarships applicants shall route their applications through their universities. Pakistan.
- Nominees of Mauritius Government for scholarships applicants shall route their applications through Ministry of Education and Human Resources, MITD House, Pond Fer, Phoenix, Mauritius Ph: (+230) 686 0722 email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following documents from an international to any of the course(s) offered by the CIIT:
- Two copies of the filled in graduate Admission Application Form available at website: www.comsats.edu.pk (properly filled and signed by the applicant).
- Three copies of the Student Information Sheet available with application form and also available at the link:
- Statement of Purpose or Research plan (not more than 2 pages in double space)
- Verified/attested copies of degrees and transcripts issued on completion of 14 years and 16 years of education (with English translated copies where necessary), by either the Ministry of Education in student’s home country or by the student’s Mission in Pakistan or the Pakistani High Commission/Embassy in the student’s home country.
- Six (06) latest passport size photographs with blue background.
- Copy of valid Passport showing all details.
- Copy of valid score card (not more than two years old) showing English language proficiency, i.e. IELTS (Academic) minimum score 5.0 band or TOFEL minimum score 500 (PBT) or 177 (CBT) or 60 (iBT) or
- NTS (GAT) 50%
The personal statement is mandatory part of the Admission Application Form which shall demonstrate candidate’s own creativity, to ascertain his/her personal and professional aptitude and relevance for entry into a chosen course of study at CIIT, Islamabad, Pakistan.
The personal statement may include:
- The reason(s) to study the chosen course of study and the intended outcome.
- Applicant’s leisure time activities and personal interests.
- Expectation from study for professional development.
- Reasons for gap(s) in education or employment of applicant, if any.
Submission of Application Form & Documents
The prospective students should submit scanned copies of their documents mentioned at serial number 1.3 above, along with all requisite credentials at email:
email@example.com latest by May 15, 2013. The CIIT shall process the admission requests within stipulated time frame and issue provisional admission offer (if found suitable), which would be confirmed on student’s arrival for registration & payment of required fee/other charges to the COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad (Pakistan), before the commencement of semester during registration & orientation week.
Provisional Admission Offer
- After scrutiny of student's application, if the student is found eligible for admission to the course, he/she will be issued a provisional offer letter by the Office of International Students Affairs (OISA), CIIT, Islamabad (Pakistan) which would enable the student to process for Student Visa. This provisional offer letter would be issued to all eligible students before the start of the semester.
- The student will be given the final admission to the course of his/her choice only on production of a Student Visa, endorsed to COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT), Islamabad (Pakistan), provided a seat in that particular course is available at that point of time.
- The student will be required to conform to all the rules and conditions mentioned in the provisional offer letter issued to him/her. The student will not be entitled to get the final admission later than the last date mentioned in the provisional offer letter issued to him/her.
- The student will be responsible for payment of all the fees including tuition fees as prescribed by the CIIT at the time of registration/admission. In case of the award of a scholarship, the student will be responsible to pay any differential fee amount.
- The student offered admission to any of the courses in CIIT (Pakistan) will have to give an undertaking that he/she will abide by all the rules and regulations of the Institute as a student of CIIT.
- An International student will have to undergo a medical checkup at his/her own cost. He/she will be required to submit a medical examination report to CIIT. Final admission of International students shall be subject to satisfactory medical report.
Note:Provisional admissions would be finalized only on production of:
- Original provisional offer letter.
- Original academic transcripts, degrees, score cards, etc.
- Original passport with a Student Visa endorsed to CIIT.
- Complete payment of all relevant fees/charges or sponsorship letter.
- Satisfactory medical report.
Student Visa Requirement
International students who wish to study in Pakistan need to obtain a Student Visa before traveling to Pakistan. Once he/she has been issued a provisional offer letter to study at CIIT, Islamabad (Pakistan), he/she should immediately apply for his/her student visa for Pakistan by sending copies of admission offer letter, passport and other relevant documents to the nearest Pakistani Embassy or Conciliate General for visa issuance. Further information is available at website link of Higher Education Commission;
Two letter of references in English language, with at least one from an academic Advisor/tutor, and another from an employer/sponsor/guardian who can vouch applicant’s suitability for graduate study. The reference letters need to be type written on official stationery with clear identification of the name, designation, mailing address and email address, etc. of the referees.
English Language Test Requirements
The COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Pakistan accepts the following credentials of international students to satisfy the minimum English Language requirements for entry to a Master’s degree:
- TOEFL minimum score of 500 (PBT) or 177 (CBT) or 60 (iBT)
- IELTS minimum 5.0 band (Academic Module) or
- NTS (GAT) Score 50%
Only original and valid TOEFL or IELTS (Academics) certificates (not more than two years old) would be accepted. TOEFL and IELTS test score earned by the applicants before 1st February 2011 shall not be considered valid for Fall 2013 admissions. Institutional-based/prediction score TOEFL/IELTS would also not be acceptable.
In case applicant’s fees are to be paid by an employer or a sponsor, the applicant will need to produce a letter signed & stamped by an authorized person on official letter-head containing the following information:
- Applicant’s name
- Applicant’s Passport number
- Year/semester of study
- The amount of the fee (or percentage) being paid by the sponsor
- The duration of study covered through sponsorship
- Contact person for fee remittance
The sponsoring agency has to pay directly (one year fee & charges) to the COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad (Pakistan) in the shape of a bank draft or direct wire transaction into CIIT account.
Self-Finance General Route Students
The COMSATS Institute of Information Technology also admits International students on self-finance basis. Such applicants pay a minimum of one semester fee and other charges before the start of the semester on confirmation of admission in Master’s Degree program as per prescribed fee structure and ensure timely payment of fee/charges in subsequent semesters.