Following are the capabilities and potential of various departments of CIIT for Research & Development.
Computer Science and Information Technology
Computer Science and Information Technology departments at CIIT have a faculty of 190. During 2007 the faculty members published 8 international papers. The Faculty has potential to help Incubation Centers in some of the following domains.
- Digital Image Processing
- Wireless Networks
- Network security
- Natural Language Processing
- Semantic Web
- Software Engineering
- Data warehousing and Data Mining
The faculty can also offer consultancy services in the domains mentioned above and have submitted a number of research projects for funding to various donor agencies. The Abbotabad CIIT branch has got its own industrial setup in the form of CITC that can render services in the areas of software development and networks. The institute there is already in touch with Hattar Industrial Estate.
Electrical Engineering and Electronics
Electrical Engineering has the biggest faculty in CIIT, consisting of 295 teachers and researchers. During 2007 the faculty members published 11international papers. The Faculty has potential to help in some of the following domains.
- Design of semi-conductor thin films,
- Real time data transfer and cable design,
- Image improvement
- Electrical, optic and structural characterization of thin films.
- Telemetric monitoring,
- Image contrast development.
- Enhanced IP Multimedia subsystem development,
- Electronic and electrical engineering designs.
Mathematics departments at CIT have a faculty of 85. During 2007 the faculty members published 23 international papers. The Faculty has potential to help technology Partners in some of the following domains.
- Applied Mathematics and Computational techniques,
- Analytical Solutions, Iterative techniques,
- Parameter determination from Experimental Data.
- Nonlinear Iterative Methods.
- Solution of various types of fluid flows, Heat Transfer, Flow through Porous materials
- Molding of Industrial Problems into Mathematical form and rendering Exact or Analytical solutions.
Physics departments at CIIT have a faculty of 131. During 2007 the faculty members published 23 international papers. The Faculty has potential to help Incubation Centers /Technology Partners in some of the following domains.
- Nano Technology, Synthesis of special Nano- materials,
- Characterization of surface Layers, Nano Materials,
- Characterization of Crystalline and Amorphous Materials,
- Renewable Energy Sources,
- Fiber optic Communication,
- Study of Solid Materials through Charge Particle Channeling.
Management Sciences have a faculty of 217 at CIIT Institutes. During 2007 the faculty members published 17 international papers. The faculty has expertise to contribute to Incubation Centers /Technology Partners in some of the following domains including arranging appropriate Courses and Consultancy in required fields.,
- Project Management and H R development and Economic Competitiveness
- Accounting, Dividends,
- Islamic Banking
- Loans and Working Capital Management,
- Management of Small and micro enterprises,
- Globalization and Development,
- Social Problems, Population Growth, Bonded Labor, Working Environment and Productivity
Biosciences Department at CIT has a faculty of 55. The faculty members have 20 recent international papers. The faculty can cooperate with industry in some of the following fields.
- Production & Commercialization of Biofertilizers/ Biopesticides for different crops.
- Agro based Pharmaceutical development.
- Chemical synthesis.
- Instrumentation for detection and quantification.
- Bioinformatics software development.
- Plant tissue culture technology for micro propagation of plants of demand.
- Flowers and seed production of difficult crops, vegetables etc.
- Development of Bacterial Biosensors.
- Development of Bioremediation strategies.
- Development of vaccines.
Wet laboratory facilities, a 1500 sq. ft green house and a glass house will be required, which will be taken care of in the Centre. The agriculture forms at Chak Shahzad can also be contacted for sample seed growth.
The department has Faculty strength of 27 and it has published 5 Papers during 2007. It faculty will be able to advise on and
- Devise experimental Methods for Industrial Waste Management,
- Pollution Management.
Architecture and Arts and Civil Design
CIIT Incubation Centre will also provide facilities to Entrepreneurs in Civil Design, Architecture and Interior and Exterior design.